This group
Chris Doe
2015-11-25 06:55:24 UTC
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
unknown
2015-11-25 16:49:31 UTC
Post by Chris Doe
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
I just found this group a couple of months ago, have filtered nobody
and it is indeed dead.

"Web based forums are like subscribing to 10 different newspapers and
having to visit 10 different news stands to pickup each one. Email
list-server groups and USENET are like having all of those newspapers
delivered to your door every morning."
Chris Doe
2015-11-26 09:04:26 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
I just found this group a couple of months ago, have filtered nobody
and it is indeed dead.
"Web based forums are like subscribing to 10 different newspapers and
having to visit 10 different news stands to pickup each one. Email
list-server groups and USENET are like having all of those newspapers
delivered to your door every morning."
I am not sure that my filters are affecting it then they cover all the
groups I subscribe to. I was just thinking that this could be a good
place to meet and discuss mutual interests but it seems not.
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
p***@gmx.co.uk
2015-11-26 21:29:30 UTC
Post by Chris Doe
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
I just found this group a couple of months ago, have filtered nobody
and it is indeed dead.
"Web based forums are like subscribing to 10 different newspapers and
having to visit 10 different news stands to pickup each one. Email
list-server groups and USENET are like having all of those newspapers
delivered to your door every morning."
I am not sure that my filters are affecting it then they cover all the
groups I subscribe to. I was just thinking that this could be a good
place to meet and discuss mutual interests but it seems not.
--
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
This group was completely fucked up about 5 years ago by people like Duncan Heenan, Dario Western, someone just calling themselves Jerry and a load of wankers using anonymous email re-mailing services to cover their tracks.

That's a shame, but then being nudists of little brain I suppose it was only to be expected.
Chris Doe
2015-11-27 06:20:57 UTC
Post by p***@gmx.co.uk
Post by Chris Doe
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
[...]
Some of those names are in fact familiar to me indeed and I generally
recall them as wankers indeed.
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
Alex Heney
2015-11-27 23:35:42 UTC
Post by p***@gmx.co.uk
Post by Chris Doe
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
[...]
That is simply untrue.

It was fucked up by the moron calling himself "The colonel", and quite
deliberately fucked up by him.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Join the army, meet interesting people, kill them.
To reply by email, my address is alexDOTheneyATgmailDOTcom
p***@gmx.co.uk
2015-11-28 09:34:52 UTC
Post by Alex Heney
Post by p***@gmx.co.uk
Post by Chris Doe
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
[...]
I think the decline of this group was really a two stage affair. Heenan, Western, Jerry, Hamish and various other tossers started using it as a vehicle to target and bully people. That drove users away; something which started in about 2010 and had reduced participation to vanishing point within two years.

Next "The Colonel" exploited this by then derelict group and pushed participation beyond the vanishing point and into nothingness. He finished the job but the other dickheads I've mentioned started the process.
Chris Doe
2015-11-28 13:27:54 UTC
Post by p***@gmx.co.uk
Post by Alex Heney
Post by Chris Doe
Post by unknown
Post by Chris Doe
[...]
Well why should a history of a cabal of morons stop the group coming back?
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
James Ky
2015-11-27 17:34:50 UTC
Post by Chris Doe
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
--
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
Hi Chris --it aint completely dead--this one is still alive and in Dublin--etween us we might resurrect it--what u say?

Jim
James Ky
Am also in Dublin.
Chris Doe
2015-11-28 13:25:53 UTC
Post by James Ky
Post by Chris Doe
Having filtered the trolls and idiots this group now seems dead, how sad.
--
Chris in Dublin but not Irish
Hi Chris --it aint completely dead--this one is still alive and in Dublin--etween us we might resurrect it--what u say?
Jim
Well it would/could be a handy noticeboard sort of thing for all but I
am not over hopeful, worth a try I guess. Some groups survive trolls
quite well by the simple expedient of not responding to them.
--
Chris in Dublin but not Irish