Nureka (1)
k***@yahoo.com
2015-04-12 08:32:08 UTC
Despite rumours to the contrary, NUREKA does exist.
Many of you will know that, after the death of Mark Wilson (the owner of
Eureka) there was some question over
the future of that club.
NUREKA was started by Andy Hearn, who was previously Mark Wilson's
security/bouncer/handy man, helped by a number of former Eureka members,
in order to provide alternative naturist facilities in the area should
Eureka be forced into closing.
The woodland is actually OWNED by Andy Hearn, it is not rented or
leased, and therefore the future of the NUREKA is more reliable than
that
of Eureka, which has remained open, operating (apparently) under a short
term lease.
NUREKA is a 53 acre woodland site situated close to Medway Services on
the M2 (Farthing Corner). Work on the new site started in late
March 1996, and the club officially opened on 16 May 1996, AND IT HAS
BEEN OPEN EVERY DAY SINCE !!! (OK, I lied -- Andy had 2 * Xmas Day off)
Until now most NET communication regarding NUREKA has been 'negative',
with no ability to respond, reply or correct, which has given Eureka
(with it's WEB Page and on-line Netizans) an edge in creating the
impression of naturist/nudist facilities in Kent. Now that NUREKA has an
official NET voice, this will change and a more accurate impression of
NUREKA be forthcoming.
So far the club has constructed a hard-surfaced access road and car park
(approx. 50 cars) - NOT A MUD TRACK & SWAMP, a TURFED lawn of
1/2 acre which is screened by 6ft fences where required, a clubhouse
with INDOOR toilets, shower (and soon a sauna), kitchen area serving
tea, coffee, light snacks, etc., approx. 1 mile of woodland walks/paths,
and WATER, ELECTRICITY and TELEPHONE.
Construction of a new, enlarged purpose built clubhouse had to be
postponed during 1997 because of a delay in the granting of Planning
Permission, but this new building will be started during 1998, with the
intention of creating the beginnings of an all year indoor naturist
centre.
NUREKA has over 100 members (only counting the paying males). At present
there are over 90 couples and only 10 single males, and although
there is no positive discrimination against single males, there is a
temporary restriction to the number of single male memberships allowed
each year until the enlarged clubhouse is finished, and there is
sufficient room to accomodate everyone.
Annual Membership Fee's (for the men only) is £50, and day visits £5
(NOT including Saturday evening social gathering).
There are many similarities between Eureka and NUREKA. Males pay
membership - females enter for free, only one rule "Thou shall not
annoy",
clothes optional, and PARTIES !!!!!!
NUREKA currently hosts just a Saturday evening social gathering from
20.00 to 01.30 (or later if Andy can stay awake). £5 gets you in.
(£10 for day visitors). Attendance is usually in the 50-70 people
bracket.
For further information and directions write to :- A.Hearn, Nureka,
Yaugher Wood, Warren Lane, Hartlip, Kent ME9 7XL.
PLEASE enclose 2 * 1st class stamps to cover postage. NO STAMPS = NO
REPLY.
(Please mention the Net/TimberWolf in your letter - that way we will
know if the Net is a useful communication media - maybe a WebSite
to follow)
Alternatively you can Post at uk.rec.naturist (F.A.O. TimberWolf). The
e-mail address shown is false. In order to inform everyone of NUREKA,
and to show that NUREKA has nothing to hide (?), I intend NOT to
communicate by private e-mail, but by public NewsGroup.
And who am I ? Any other member of NUREKA should be able to work it out
from the cryptic clues. If you are not a member, you'll just have to
wonder won't you ? Or join !
--
TimberWolf -- NWMC
Does anyone have further contact details for this club. I heard that it will be open this spring / summer 2015. Would love to visit.
Col. Edmund Burke
2015-04-13 13:41:10 UTC
This message originally from the bygone days of 1998.
Slapped and put to sleep by my Iron Fist.
YAY!